1) Okay, learn manuals. Learn them well. Set up you feet so that your back foot is on the tip of the tail and your front foot it right behind the front bolts.
2) Ride up to the obstacle at about a 45 degree angle.
3) Pop like mad and get your back truck up over whatever your grinding.
4) Once you see that its up there slam it down with your back foot.
5) Just keep your back leg straight keep your board leveled out so your front truck doesnt touch.
6) When the time comes for you to come out just turn a little bit and level out youe board. Now ride away like it aint no thang.